- 1994 Born, Bucharest Romania
- 2017 Graduated, National University of Arts in Bucharest, Romania
Ioana Niculescu-Aron (22nd of February, 1994) is a vibrant artist from Romania, who’s artworks have traveled the world: Italy, Spain, France, Romania, Germany (the Dali museum in Berlin, Regensburg) the USA (New York, California, Miami). She studied in 3 countries, always with a scholarship, and every place that she traveled to added a layer of complexity to her art.
Despite her young age, Ioana is not the typical bohemian artist. She paints with a clarity and conviction that would make an entrepreneur jealous. Ioana’s art is bold, effervescent and entrepreneurial. She fearlessly refuses to accept limits, she bends reality and challenges the status quo.
Instead of the tormented artist, she rather reminds us of the visionary leader. Her paintings are compelling, they pull you closer, and are pulsating with life. Grillo Gaetano, renowned artist and Ioana’s Professor at Accademia di Belli Arti di Brera, Milano once said that ‘she has color running through her veins instead of blood’.
Most importantly, her artwork has depth. At the first glance you notice the beautiful colors, and the compelling aesthetics. Her art is not exclusive, it seems to bring in its surroundings and rapidly becomes a statement. But the more you look at her paintings, the more you uncover. I often find myself re-discovering her paintings, even years after I first laid eyes on them. Her art is chameleonic, emphatic, and it absorbs the viewer with an unexpected force.
For Ioana ‘the world itself is art’, and by blending the abstract with the experiential, she creates work that speaks to our existential concerns. It is not new to be inspired by our surroundings, but when looking around, Ioana has a gift to see through the chaos and then like a collage, to put together the pieces that point out the very essence of human emotions.
In her art instinct and intention coexist. She was called ‘child prodigy’ (Simona Vilau, Curator), and she is now transforming into an ambitious woman. Through introspection she gives her artwork a part of her personality, and manages to create a world with questions and answers, fears, intrigue, and emotion. In a world that changes at high-speed, her gift to the viewer, is a reason to slow down and reflect.
- 2018 / Notes of a Painter / Europe Gallery / Brasov / Romania
- 2018 / IELE 2 / Sun Plaza Atrium / Bucharest / Romania
- 2017 / 3D HOTEL (The Third) / Alina Buga Art Studio/ Regensburg / Germany
- 2017 / IELE / The Art of Living Art Gallery / Bucharest/ Romania
- 2016 / November / Romanian Cultural Institute / New York / U.S.A.
- 2016 / Equilibrium / Artifact Gallery / New York / U.S.A.
- 2016 / Mereu: 8 Rue Seveste, 75018 Paris / Go Contemporary Art Gallery / Bucharest/ Romania
- 2016 / Mereu: 8 Rue Seveste, 75018 Paris / Europe Gallery / Brasov / Romania
- 2014 / Quintessence / Smart Change / Bucharest / Romania
- 2018 / Squares / CICA Museum / Gimpo / South Korea (November)
- 2018 / Cold Cases / Old Police Cell Museum / Brighton / UK (September)
- 2018 / Measures / The Art Vacancy Gallery / NY / U.S.A (August)
- 2017 / Fusion Arts Fair / Noblesse Palace / Bucharest / Romania
- 2017 / Bosom Bodies: An Exhibition in Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month / SIA Gallery / Peekskill (NY)/ U.S.A.
- 2016 / New Artists / Arcub Gallery / Bucharest / Romania
- 2016 / After Work Culturel / Moulhouse / Motoco Group/ France
- 2015 / Help Hope Nepal Mural / Spectrum Art Basel Miami Art Fair / Miami / U.S.A.
- 2016 / Abstract / Zero Gallery / Barcelona/ Spain
- 2015 / Dream Art / Salvador Dali’ Museum / Berlin/ Germany
- 2015 / International Contemporary Art / Centrale ENEL Taccani Trezzo sull’Adda / Milan/ Italy
- 2015 / Peoples / Sebastopol Centre for the Arts Gallery II / California/ U.S.A.
- 2014 / Does the power seduce the soul?! / City Business Centre Building C/ Timisoara/ Romania
- 2017 / Erasmus Scholarship for a four months stage/ Residency/ Regensburg/ Germany
- 2017 / Merit Scholarship offered by “The National University of Arts” / First Prize / Bucharest/ Romania
- 2016 / Merit Scholarship offered by “The National University of Arts” / First Prize / Bucharest/ Romania
- 2016 / Erasmus Scholarship “ Haute école des arts du Rhin“ / MA/ Mulhouse/ France
- 2015 / Merit Scholarship offered by “The National University of Arts” / First Prize/ Bucharest/ Romania
- 2015 / Erasmus Scholarship “ Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera“/ BA/ Milan/ Italy
- 2015 / The first artist selected to be part of “ 99 Lovers from around the world“ project / First Prize / Munich/ Germany
- 2014 / Merit Scholarship offered by “The National University of Arts” / First Prize / Bucharest/ Romania
- 2014 / The winner of the competition “ The Ladder”/ the only selected artist/ Laborna Gallery/Bucharest/ Romania
- 2013 / Merit Scholarship offered by “The National University of Arts” / First Prize / Bucharest/ Romania
What people are saying about Ioana:
- "Wild, weird, whimsical. It’s also this very energy that I like in you"; Ivan Fayard
- " " ; Ciprian Paleologu
- " " ; Roni Ben Ari
- " " ; Beth
- " " ; Alexandru Radvan
- " " ; Magda Vacariu